Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mothers...

     I just got off the phone with my mother and I promised her I'd be in bed by 10:30. How old am I again? Yes, I'm 25 but my dearest mother still likes to give me a bedtime. I only have 20 minutes to type this so I better hurry.
My mother: fashion victim of the 90s
     My mom is a one of a kind. Seriously. She's this incredibly strong woman who is so full of energy she'll knock you flat off your ass in seconds. She's tough and rough and cute and loves to snuggle. I have so many silly images of her, from long ago, tattooed in my head. Like this image for example: frilly, flower, pearly, curly...aaahhh. My mother is one beautiful lady, but lets face it, that dress would not look good on anyone. (No offense mom, if you're reading) Let's keep in mind folks that my mother was taken hostage by the 80s and 90s fashion style. It twas not her fault. I also have fond memories of watching my mother do her makeup. She was always good at it but it could become scary at moments. One day, long ago, my mother actually attached an eye last curler
Seki Edge Metal Frame Eyelash Curler
Don't mess.
 to her eye and left it dangling there and chased me around the house. For what? I'm still not sure. But I laugh at the thought of that because I know I will be doing the same thing to my daughter to amuse myself. She's goofy and always in the mood to tickle me or my kids. My mom means the world to me. I know, I'm getting sentimental over here folks, but really, she's the best. Always so loving, always so forgiving, always so supportive, always so protective and always there for you. I couldn't be more proud of all the things MY mom has accomplished.
Oh hey! Did I mention she's a firefighter?


Until next time...





My momma








And for good measure, wasn't she the cutest lil' thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment