Monday, March 28, 2011

Wilton

     As I was organizing my "cake cabinet", I was looking at all the stuff that I have acquired and I let slip a happy giggle. I've got to tell you how blessed I feel. Blessed for family, blessed for my God-given talents and blessed for the products that Wilton has put out there. If I didn't have these products, I don't think I'd be able to start off this cake business. If you're interested in making your own cakes let me show you a few of the items that have helped me get started.
First, the Wilton Deluxe Tip set. I use these tips for every single cake I make. When I first bought it, I didn't know what the heck I was doing so I took each individual tip and experimented with it. I was able to figure out what the tips are used for just by piping lines and stars. If you want an extra teaching tool you can always get the Wilton practice board. It's pretty self-explanatory, but it tells you what tip to use to make different piping lines, stars, drop flowers, and such. So, if you're going to start decorating your own cakes, I highly recommend buying a tip set.
Next, my favorite decorating tool is the Wilton fondant/gum-paste tool set. What a savor! I can't tell you how much I adore this set. When I was just starting out with fondant and gum-paste, I was only using my hands. I'm pretty decent at modeling fondant, but after I got the tool set, it was so much easier. There are a variety of ways you can use the tools and it's helped with my modeling so much.
My next favorite tool is the Wilton Easy Glide Fondant Smoother. Boy, that's a mouthful! Decorating cakes with fondant is so popular today. Fondant is that chewy sugar mold that you put on cakes to give them a smooth clean finish. Many cake decorators, including myself, have this tool. The fondant smoother makes it a lot easier to smooth your fondant on your cake. It has a round end and a flat end that are used for two different purposes. Both ends are able to get into the nooks and crannies of your cakes to smooth the fondant into place.
Of course, rolling fondant out on your table isn't going to cut it. There's a chance your fondant could get crumbs and such in it. To solve that, I use the Wilton Roll and Cut Mat. It's the best! It's so much easier to work with fondant and gum-paste on this mat. There are so many other Wilton products that I use and adore. I've run out of time for now but I will be writing more on the Wilton products I love and find so helpful. Until next time...










P.S. Here's a picture of the first cake I ever decorated:

First decorated cake
And here is one of my latest cakes:
Look how Wilton has helped my cakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment